WILD COAST JIKELEZA FESTIVAL
The Jikeleza Festival at Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve is an East Coast institution. The Wild Coast Jikeleza Association organises this event each year to draw people into the area to experience all that it has to offer. The significant growth in the number of activities and venues available to visitors in the area has made this is an impossible task to achieve in just one weekend. The result is the launch of the new Jikeleza Festival WEEK – a week long showcase.
The programme incorporates activities for everyone, young and old and every age in between. For the athletic, there is a trail run series including the Glengarriff Lodge Beach Run, the Table 58 Night Run and an Inkwenkwezi Game Reserve Run and a Surf Jikeleza Competition with Barefoot Cafe. For the less energetic, there’s an Open-Air Cinema and Night Market at Areena Riverside Resort, an Emerald Vale Brewery Family Fun Picnic AND the traditional festival. The week full of activities and the special offers made by our members during this time will enable visitors to experience more of what is on offer on the Wild Coast Jikeleza Route.
The Festival Week will round off with the traditional Festival at the Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve. The day’s programme will include a full line-up of live music headlined by Majozi, adult and children’s entertainment throughout the day, the Talisman Craft Beer Tent and gourmet food and craft stalls. For those not wanting the fun to end, we’ve added an After Party to the programme featuring, among others, Ard Matthews of Just Jinger fame at the C-Club in Cintsa East.
- Friday 17 Aug – Open Air Cinema and Night Market at Areena Riverside Resort
- Saturday 18 Aug - Family Walk and Picnic with games at Emerald Vale Brewery
- Gangs of Ballet at C Club
- Sunday 19 Aug - Surf Jikeleza with Barefoot Cafe at Cintsa Beach
- Acacia School to offer tea/coffee rusks on the beach
- African Angels to host sandcastle building competition R100 to enter
- Jeremy Loops at C Club
- 20 Aug – 23 Aug - Route members to run specials throughout the week
- Wednesday 22 August – Night 5km Trail Run at Table 58
- Saturday 25 Aug Festival including a game reserve fun run, fantastic line up of bands, kids country fair style games and entertainment, Talisman Craft beer tent, local gourmet food, wine tasting, art and craft stalls and the famous Inkwenkwezi Game Reserve Tours.
- After party with Ard Matthews at C Club
- Sunday 26 Aug – Beach 5km trail Run at Glengarriff Lodge - Final trail run in the series
- Market at Tea in the Trees
- Sunday lunch at Inkwenkwezi and other restaurants on the route.
Entries for the 5km trail run series, Family Fun Picnic, Jikeleza Barefoot Surf Contest, African Angels sandcastle building competition AND Music Festival are on sale at the entrance.